Discussed and debated from time immemorial the concept of personal liberty went without codification until the 1859 publication of on libertyjohn stuart mills complete and resolute dedication to the cause of freedom inspired this treatise an enduring work through which the concept remains well known and studied. Chapter i introductory the subject of this essay is not the so called liberty of the will so unfortunately opposed to the misnamed doctrine of philosophical necessity but civil or social liberty the nature and limits of the power which can be legitimately exercised by society over the individual a question seldom stated and hardly ever discussed in general terms but which profoundly . On liberty has 24130 ratings and 699 reviews stephen said warning some of my political views are discussed in this very long review i dont think th
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.